Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

WIP Wednesday: Up-cycling

I've been drawn into the thrifting world, and have started to make a cashmere blanket, with pieces cut from 'felted' cashmere sweaters. I cut out my pieces, laid everything out, and am onto the sewing. I don't have access to a machine, so I've been sewing by hand- extremely tedious.
Cashmere Blanket
I'm also working on more flowered headbands, trying a few different types of flowers, as well as experimenting with some different band styles. All the yarn has been hand-dyed and recycled from thrift store sweaters. :)
DSCN2774


To see more WIPs, head on over to Tami's Amis!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for thrifting!!! blanket will be lovely and warm!! and those flowers are really cute :D

    ReplyDelete

I love knowing that you stopped by!
~ Mary