Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

WIP Wednesday: I'm knitting again!

This week, I'm back to working on a knitting project. My last project that I got on and off the needles was my first lace shawl, the Holden Shawlette. I moved on from there to some crocheted shawls and shawlettes.  I've had the Citron shawl/ette in my queue on Ravelry for quite some time, as I wasn't working on a lot of knitting, as I am a slow knitter. However, I ordered some undyed lace weight yarn at the end of the year, and it came in the mail a few days ago. I wanted to dye it straight away. As I started the dyeing process, I started to look for a pattern. Lo and behold, the Citron was knit in a lace weight yarn! Yay!

So when my newly dyed yarn was finished drying, and I had gone from the skein to a ball, I cast on. At first, I was unsure if it would work. The lace weight seemed fiddling, and I was out of the knitting habit. But I got into it, and here is my progress so far:
berry

It's not very big, but I've also been working on some stash busting projects that I will show on Friday.

To see more WIPs, head on over to Tami's Amis!

10 comments:

  1. I really like the colors of the yarn. Cant wait to see how it works up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good so far, I am yet to knit a shawl and would love to know how you get on! Love the colour too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colours; it's going to be sooooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice yarn colors :) dyeing sounds fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh that will look fab in that colour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty colour yarn you have there, the shawl should turn out very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The yarn looks lovely, you did an awesome job. And in no time the knitting will come back to you. I think spinning and dying will be the next craft I learn. I've been thinking over it on and off for the last few months. I can already hear Husband groaning :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's always groaning from someone- but don't let it stop you! Dyeing is so much fun, and if you do it with food dyes, it's cheaper and safer.

      Delete

I love knowing that you stopped by!
~ Mary