Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Saturday Morning Musings

I can't believe it's 2 thirds of the way through Janurary already! I feel like it was just a few days ago that I was complaining about waiting until March/April, but now they are just around the corner! (sorry for those of you who like February... I'm just super excited for spring!)

In a few short months from now, I will be one semester closer to graduation, one of my best friends will be getting married, and I'll be able to wear flip-flops and shorts.

But until then, I will keep up with my yarn buying fast, and continue to try to clean my room. I'm making some decent progress on my yarn stash, however. At the beginning of the year, I had a huge container of scrap yarn, and now I've gotten it down to half full! I've made at least 4 -12" squares that will eventually become part of a super colorful blanket (I nearly said ugly...) and have 2 or 3 more blankets in the works. I never realized before this how helpful blankets are at using up yarn. It's totally fabulous.

I also finally started hooking the afghan for my best friend's wedding present. I'm using the Neat Ripple Pattern from Lucy at Attic24- it's my favorite ripple, and so far the only pattern I've found that just gives the theory (multiples of 14 plus 3) of a ripple blanket. I love working with the theory, as it makes more sense to me, and gives me more freedom in choosing my finished size. (I'm not sure if she visits here, so I'm going to stop giving details).

I've also been successful in 'stocking' my 'inventory' for my fall craft shows. I've hooked 2 more infinity scarves, as well as 2 hats. That brings my January totals to 5 infinity, one straight, plus 2 hats.

Enough of my rambling. Today I am happy to be alive, and thank God for the many blessings He has bestowed upon my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love knowing that you stopped by!
~ Mary