Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tea on Tuesday: Vanilla Caramel Truffle

I go from the teas that everyone's heard of to the cheaper, buy-at-your-local-grocery brands of tea. This black tea from Lipton is my one of my favorites. I think it smells a little bit like coffee, which is one of the reasons why I like it. Also, just a little bit of sugar brings out the caramel flavor, and it's lovely.

tea!

This is another swap received tea, and I was a little bit reluctant to try it at first, as I've had some less than pleasant tea experiences. But my mom kept saying, Mary, try it. So I did, and I love it. This swap package came from Idaho, so I just thought, it's in the States, we should have it here. We looked, and couldn't find it. It took several different grocery store stops until we did find it, to my relief.

So here I sit, on a dreary Tuesday morning, cozy with my cup of tea. I spent most of yesterday working on a new design for a hat for my 'business' which should be up for sale by the end of the week. (The university has in recent years decided that MLK Day should be a day off of school, which I love, even if I don't really celebrate) And because of the long weekend, I have been procrastinating terribly, and only just started rooting around the house for folders and binders for my classes. Luckily, my mom is amazing, and everything I needed was where she said it would be. So I will be able to go off to my one class today mostly prepared.

fo

But school and my lack of preparation was not the point of this ramble. In the Midwest, most days of the week are dreary, and there's nothing like a cup of tea and a bit of knitting to cheer you up. If knitting's not your forte, maybe a book. I hope you enjoy your day, whether or not you get a cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love knowing that you stopped by!
~ Mary