Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Words of Wisdom.

I've had some stressful days these past two weeks or so, and some days I get really discouraged. But even through all that, I have found some unexpected sources of wisdom.

First was E. A couple things he said to me this week had really struck a chord, and I've been trying to take his words to heart. Those things that he said were also reinforced by a quick browse through the book I just got in the mail, as recommended by Ginny @ Small Things: Style, Sex and Substance: 10 Catholic Women Consider the Things that Really Matter. One was a comment on being a friend and having friends- don't stare at your phone waiting for someone to call-- it's ok to be the one to reach out, especially when you want company. The other was a thought on the deceptive works of Satan-- negative, despairing thoughts are from him, and can be defeated by a prayer. I just love when there is double reinforcement on words like that- it's always a sign that I have things that need work.

Another bit of wisdom came from my mother: God often puts us in situations so we can improve. Even if a situation seems like it will be tough, it's probably because God wants us to learn.

From my boss: If you are waiting for the right time (to get married, have kids, etc), it will never happen. The 'stars' will never be perfectly aligned,  and things will never be exactly the way you want them to be. (basically her thoughts on me & E waiting for the best time to get married)

The daily thought from St. Margaret Mary: Notwithstanding my weakness, I am no longer afraid; I have placed my confidence in God who can do all things, and from whom I hope all things, for I rely not on myself.

Hopefully I'll be able to get back into the swing of blogging my WIPWs and FOFs as school's nearly done for the semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love knowing that you stopped by!
~ Mary