Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Seasons of Love-- 3KCBWDAY4

A Knitter or Crocheter For All Seasons? As spring is in the air in the northern hemisphere and those in the southern hemisphere start setting their sights for the arrival of winter, a lot of crocheters and knitters find that their crafting changes along with their wardrobe. Have a look through your finished projects and explain the seasonality of your craft to your readers. Do you make warm woollens the whole year through in preparation for the colder months, or do you live somewhere that never feels the chill and so invest your time in beautiful homewares and delicate lace items. How does your local seasonal weather affect your craft?
Day 4 of the 3rd Annual Knitting and Crocheting Blog Week is about seasons.

I love seasons. All seasons. I feel that each one has their place, and I love something different about each one. I live in the Midwest United States, and lately we've been having some weird weather, but usually I can tell which season I'm in.
crafting outside
Upon reflection, due mainly to this topic, I discovered that I do knit and crochet in seasonal cycles. Right now I am transitioning into summer knits and lighter projects. It is not really the time to make blankets or anything heavy. I'll work on small things like dishcloths and amigurumi for a few months, and around late summer, I start moving into fall crafting season. During the fall, I participate in craft shows with my aunt, and I make a lot of scarves, shawls and hats in anticipation of the winter months. So, when August rolls around, I check my stock, and start whipping up scarves and hats, along with a few shawls. That's mainly what I work on for the majority of the fall and winter months, sprinkling in some Christmas gifts and a few blankets if I'm not too busy.

DSCN3133
I'll admit that I don't always stick to this general pattern all the time, because it is a *general* pattern of my crafting habits.

And in preparing this post, I realize that I don't take FO pictures outside as much as I wish I did. Showing you through pictures would be a million times better then simply telling you... Oh well.

To check out more posts about seasonal crafting and the like, google the tag 3KCBWDAY4

2 comments:

  1. The picture with the headband and flower is adorable. We don´t get snow where we live, but I have enjoyed it when I have travelled to the north.
    Happy crocheting!
    Ana BC

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your headband! I wish I could take more photo's outside too, but unfortunately it's too dark most of the time in winter, and too wet just now. I'm going to have to make a big effort when the weather improves!

    ReplyDelete

I love knowing that you stopped by!
~ Mary