Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

Color, Color, Color

This week is Knitting and Crochet Blog week. I found out about it through several other bloggers that I follow and thought it would be fun to participate.
Color is one of our greatest expressions of ourselves when we choose to knit or crochet, so how do you choose what colors you buy and crochet or knit with. Have a look through your stash and see if there is a predominance of one color. Do the same with your finished projects - do they match? Do you love a rainbow of bright hues, or more subdued tones. How much attention do you pay to the original color that a garment is knit in when you see a pattern? Tell readers about your love or confusion over color.
 I LOVE all colors. I wear all colors. I am a very colorful person. Oddly enough, it is not always reflected in my crafting. When I craft, I lean toward cooler colors. I love blues and greens and purples, and use them a lot.
I do also like a lot of pink- I'm a total girly-girl! But, as I am fair skinned and fair haired, pink doesn't always look good on me. So, pink in moderation.
But always a wide range of colors for me. I bought yarn for an afghan: paler hues of pink, blue and purple.  I bought yarn for a shawl: sunset tones of orange, fuchsia and royal purple.
DSCN3548

I made a handful of hats the other day: all bright complementary colors
DSCN3546

I usually try to work outside the box, color-wise. All 3 of my siblings are artistically inclined (well, more then me-- 2/3 went into graphic design/photography, and the third paints all the time) so I usually ask their opinions when trying out color combinations.

Rainbows, rainbows, rainbows!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! I love those bright, colorful hats. I'd say you're artistically inclined yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello and thank you for your visit in k-town today, this way I could find your blog! I love pink, too - but that's a rather new relationship, I've always been more into different shades of blue.

    I'd be so happy, if you joined the "beyond the square" challenge - new participants are always welcome, and it's never too late to join our little party. I'll be following you now and can't wait to see your motifs!

    have a great week,

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hats are great, I love the contrasting colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colors! I love the orange all snuggled up next to the purples. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty bright colors! Just my style. Love your blog.
    (((Hugs))) Eileen

    ReplyDelete

I love knowing that you stopped by!
~ Mary