Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Heroes Come in all shape and sizes

Today's Knitting and Crochet Blog Week topic prompt is heroes:

Your Knitting Or Crochet HeroBlog about someone in the fibre crafts who truly inspires you. There are not too many guidelines for this, it's really about introducing your readers to someone who they might not know who is an inspiration to you. It might be a family member or friend, a specific designer or writer, indie dyer or another blogger. If you are writing about a knitting designer and you have knitted some of their designs, don't forget to show them off. Remember to get permission from the owner if you wish to use another person's pictures.
Heroes are an interesting thing for me, as I have my own personal hero, which is totally unrelated to my crafting hero. My boyfriend is in the military, and just returned from a deployment, and I always call him my hero, because I know I would never be able to do what he did. It just amazes me, the number of men and women who are willing to do that for us, and yet they so often go under-appreciated.

But to get back to topic, my crafting/fibre arts hero may have to be Danielle of A Stash Addict.  She is one of the first bloggers I started following when I got involved in the online crafting community, and her yarns have always inspired me. (Since I'm on a yarn diet, I haven't purchased any of her yarn yet, but I am dying to try some of it out.) Her sense of color is amazing, and there is not an ugly color in her stock.

If you want to see more about other people's Heroes, google search the tag 3KCBWDAY3

2 comments:

  1. you and your boyfriend are my hero's
    THanks for the service to our country. I t muse have been very difficult to be apart

    ReplyDelete

I love knowing that you stopped by!
~ Mary