Pages

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Missing a Head

My week has been a bit crazy, especially since I spent all day Tuesday thinking it was Monday. I love having a long weekend, but since we were out of town, I didn't get a lot of time to relax like I had wanted to. My major progress this week has been a pair of baby hats, one of which is still in progress. They are similarly sized, but I wanted to make one slightly bigger, just in case. The accents on it are still up for debate, because it's hard to come up with ideas for boy hats. Girl hats are really easy- add a flower and BOOM you're done. This requires more thought. 
A hat in need of a head... and an accent
I used Vanna's Choice yarn in a light green- the name escapes me right now- single crochet with an H hook. My only model in the proper size is an orange shaped candle. I'm both excited and nervous to have a baby to fit it come the end of the summer. Hopefully, I will have a few more cute crocheted items done by then.

My basil is my other success for the week, as it is starting to look like what it's supposed to look like, and it smells awesome. My zinnias are doing alright as well, with the oregano coming in 3rd place. My rosemary is sadly in 4th, with nothing discernible in the pot. We planted another pot of seeds, but we may just buy a seedling in a few weeks if nothing comes up. 
My husband has most of the vegetables out of the pots and into the proper garden, and I have been given the responsibility of keeping them watered. We have beans, carrots, pumpkins, and cucumbers right now. Hopefully we'll get some good produce from them this year. 
Zinnias

Basil

Oregano



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love knowing that you stopped by!
~ Mary