Pages

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Business as Usual

Something in my personality always seems to lead to many, many projects in progress. I've been really enjoying my sock blanket, but am very reluctant to use full skeins of yarn on the project. This leads to the pulling out of sock yarn for other various projects, in the hopes of having leftovers that can be added into the blanket. Also, I can sometimes find knitting tedious, as crochet is my first craft love, and I always come back to crocheting something.

Even with a weekend away at my parents', I barely had time to do any crafting. Baby registries, shopping with lil sister, sleeping, and other family shenanigans took up most of my time. It was nice though, to get out of my tiny apartment and see people.

The weather these days has been helping my mood a lot, though I'm still feeling tired- we haven't decided if it is work or the baby. Except for the last 2 days of rain, we've had a decent amount of sun and warmth, which I am really grateful for. I'm starting to ache for summer, which is only 6 weeks away now. Between now and the end of the school year, there are only 2 full proper weeks of school, where all five days there are classes. This week, we have field day on Friday, so while I still have to drive to work, I don't have to teach. The following week is our full week, then the next week has a half day to lengthen the Memorial Day weekend, with the following Monday off. Which leads to the last full week of school, then the three day week that ends school. It seems complicated and confusing at times, but it also helps put things into perspective . Can you tell I'm anxious for the end of the year? I will be honest and say that the school year has been rough, and there are no guarantees it will be better next year, but having a whole summer to prepare for it will be better than what I had coming into this year.

I just word-vomited.

Writing has always been therapeutic for me, and it's just been one of those years when I've been too quiet. Life isn't all sunshine and butterflies- it's real. I miss my old home, I miss the consistency of my days as a student. But I love my husband, my job, and establishing a new life. It may be a few more years before the turmoil of this life change dies down, but by then, I'm sure the next change will be coming. I need to remember to embrace it, trusting in God's plan for my life. Knowing that God has it all worked out and be comforting, but sometimes I need my little details filled in. Relax. Trust. Be at peace. 'Be not afraid'- St JPII

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love knowing that you stopped by!
~ Mary