Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Small Progress

Seeing as I finished my biggest WIP to date (the wedding ripple), I'm determined to keep the size of projects down, at least for the next month or so.

Afghan blocks are great in-between projects (or all the time projects, LOL), and I'm using a new color palette, shown below (missing a second brown and a dusty green).
I like using fall colors, and I'm hoping the finished afghan will be something that my mom will like.

I've also started my third Juliana Wrap, though again with modifications to make it more scarf-like. I'm using Cascade 220 for the first time, and I like it, but not enough to purchase it again. The colors are nice, but I like machine washable more than I like nicer fibers.
Center section of modified Juliana
I'm excited for the end of the semester (which is tomorrow) as I have a stack of non-school books waiting for me! Two more Simon Hawke novels- he writes fictional Shakespeare stories- and Abby Johnson's story Unplanned.

That's all I have for today! Check out Tami's Amis and Ginny's Yarn-Along for more!

5 comments:

  1. I always have at least one afghan going - they're just great for using up scraps, and it seems at least one of the kids is always in need of a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those fall colours. I agree sometimes a project that has small pieces that you can put down and pick up whenever it takes your fancy is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those colors--so rich and vibrant. Unplanned looks like an interesting read. I will have to add that to my list of books. Your scarf looks great-what a great pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing colours! I can't wait to see the afghan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the colours you've picked out :)

    ReplyDelete

I love knowing that you stopped by!
~ Mary