Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

Some New Books and some FOs!

I was greet yesterday when I got to work with a new book on the hold shelf for me: Catching Fire, the second book in the Hunger Games series. Knowing that I was at about the same place on the list for this book and the next one (Mockingjay), I feel the need to read quickly. Also, my life just keeps getting busier, as I have 8 days of teaching coming up in the next few weeks. I was talking about books with a group on Ravelry, and someone just started reading Laurie R. King's Touchstone. She said she couldn't put it down. Has anyone else read it? I didn't check it out from the library, as I still am reading a few other books. I am a terrible polygamous reader. [The person who suggested it actually said I should start with one of her other books.]

For Finished-Object Friday over at Tami's Amis, I have 2 things to share.
I finished blocking my cabled cowl, and got the buttons sewn on. I noticed a little mistake when blocking, but I hope no one else does! I also finished my crocheted button cowl, but have decided against making a set.
(I am extremely frustrated this morning, as my internet is running slow, and does not want to upload my pictures. I was all set to share some pictures, but I guess those will have to wait. Sorry.)
I also have a huge stack of crocheted flowers that will go onto hair elastics or headbands in the near future.
DSCN3200
(This is the only picture I have, because I took it a few days ago)

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the cabled cowl! Love the look of the crocheted flowers - perfect Spring hair accessories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers look great! I'm looking forward to seeing more photo's soon. I've heard so much about the Hunger Games that I think I might have to read the books :)

    ReplyDelete

I love knowing that you stopped by!
~ Mary