Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

Some New Books and some FOs!

I was greet yesterday when I got to work with a new book on the hold shelf for me: Catching Fire, the second book in the Hunger Games series. Knowing that I was at about the same place on the list for this book and the next one (Mockingjay), I feel the need to read quickly. Also, my life just keeps getting busier, as I have 8 days of teaching coming up in the next few weeks. I was talking about books with a group on Ravelry, and someone just started reading Laurie R. King's Touchstone. She said she couldn't put it down. Has anyone else read it? I didn't check it out from the library, as I still am reading a few other books. I am a terrible polygamous reader. [The person who suggested it actually said I should start with one of her other books.]

For Finished-Object Friday over at Tami's Amis, I have 2 things to share.
I finished blocking my cabled cowl, and got the buttons sewn on. I noticed a little mistake when blocking, but I hope no one else does! I also finished my crocheted button cowl, but have decided against making a set.
(I am extremely frustrated this morning, as my internet is running slow, and does not want to upload my pictures. I was all set to share some pictures, but I guess those will have to wait. Sorry.)
I also have a huge stack of crocheted flowers that will go onto hair elastics or headbands in the near future.
DSCN3200
(This is the only picture I have, because I took it a few days ago)

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the cabled cowl! Love the look of the crocheted flowers - perfect Spring hair accessories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also terrible about reading too many things at once---I have like, four books in bed with me right now, one of which I just took out of the library this afternoon. Sadly, I can't offer a recommendation (or otherwise) re: Laurie King, as I've never read anything of hers.

    I will, however, admit that while I'm not a Hunger Games fan, they do read at lightning speed, so hopefully you'll be able to finish Catching Fire in time for Mockingjay's arrival on the hold shelf.

    Also, the photo of your stack of flowers is so happy-making! I've been making a bunch of crocheted flowers recently, myself, and now I just want to make more...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flowers look great! I'm looking forward to seeing more photo's soon. I've heard so much about the Hunger Games that I think I might have to read the books :)

    ReplyDelete

I love knowing that you stopped by!
~ Mary