Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

A New Week

A new week rolls around, and too often I complain about school and work and life in general. But why? Do I gain any time by complaining about things? No, I don't.
So, here are some positive things, some general, some specific:

  • I have a part-time job that I love
  • I'm going into a profession that I love, even if the job prospects are not spectacular
  • I have a wonderful man in my life who loves me and would do anything for me
  • My family is wonderful and supportive
  • I'm nearly finished with my college degree-- 1 more year!
  • I finished reading a good book: A Mystery of Errors-- it had a good plot, and just as I thought it was going to drag on for ages, it was done. 
  • Crochet
  • soft yarn
  • fuzzy blankets
  • springtime
Yes, I did finish my book. It was short and sweet. I was 2/3 of the way through before I realized I was that far into it. So I've started on Catching Fire, but got interrupted less than 10 pages in by E on the phone. And lesson planning. That gets in the way of everything. But I'm ok with that.  
Today I have class and I work. A typical Monday. I'll spend a lot of the day lesson planning, as I teach on Thursday and Friday- a bit nervous, but then again, I always am.

The spring weather has been fabulous:
crafting outside
yarn in the sun
sis
bro
yes, my siblings are extremely attractive, squinting in the sun.
I stayed up late last night, reading Catching Fire. It's really good so far.
I feel like this is a bipolar post, as I jump from one topic to the next.
Here are more squares for my Lenten afghan:
6 inch squares
more finished
I hope everyone has a great week!
Oh, check out my flower headband how-to!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love knowing that you stopped by!
~ Mary