Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Holiday Stashdown Challenge Week 24

I'll admit, it's been a bit of a strange ride with me on this Challenge put forth by Marie, as I can be inconsistent with my progress and what not. But oddly, this has been a blessing. As I am smack-dab in the middle of craft show season, I do not have as much time to dedicate to family gift making. But because I know what I am making everyone and am halfway through, I have less to worry about.

Original sweater
Today I'm sharing my WIP rug for my aunt. I had a pattern, but then discovered it was not in English. Oops. Then HillyT at Hilly Town Blue shared a "not doily" that she made, Jameson. I thought the pattern would make a really cool rug. The yarn was the next debate. I knew some of it had to come from the giant basket of yarn that my aunt got me (at a garage sale) for my birthday. The rest came from a recycled cotton thrift store sweater. So far, it's looking good, though I deviated from the original Jameson pattern.



3 comments:

  1. I love the idea of upcycling yarn! I bought a cashmere sweater from a thrift store and have yet to rip it apart. Great rug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to see you rug, but I must admit I like the original sweater, too!

    ReplyDelete

I love knowing that you stopped by!
~ Mary