Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Holiday Stashdown Challenge Week 22

Marie just posted about how she is stalling in her holiday craft-making-- and that's exactly what I was going to post about!! The last week or so has been a whirl-wind of preparing for last Saturday's craft show, and in the aftermath, I've found that I still have a large number of commissioned items to make. But I still need to be keeping up with my business, so to speak, which means I am dividing my time between 2 types of projects, neither of which are Christmas gifts for my family. I am getting paid for them, though.

I am making progress on my list, though. I finished making  this child-sized Viking hat for my boyfriend's godson, and I am very proud of the results. I have until Christmas to make it even cooler, though it probably won't change much from the picture you see. I also finished a commissioned item- a pair of bulky slippers. The pattern is pretty good, but I think there could be an alteration to the sole to make them less boxy. However, as I said, another thing off my list.

I finally bought the size circular needles that I needed, and have started on the commissioned knitted poncho for Barb. I haven't gotten far enough to make an assessment about the pattern, but it will come.

I'm going to try to finish as many of my commissioned items as possible, but I will probably intersperse them with quick Christmas gifts. So there will be more coming!


2 comments:

  1. Wow, you have a lot going on. I love the hat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That hat is amazing! You are a really talented designer--between this and the Tangled hat, I am really impressed!

    ReplyDelete

I love knowing that you stopped by!
~ Mary