I've had my eye on this sweater for a long time. It's super simple, and all in crochet, which really appealed to me. When I finally decided that it would be on my list of projects for this year, I started planning the colors. I wanted it to look good, and I want to be sure I would wear it. So I ordered KnitPicks Bare worsted wool, knowing that I could dye the yarn to suit me.
I had this past Friday off of work, the first Friday in a while, so I made plans to dye a lot of yarn. But that color? After consulting DyeYourYarn, where the author has amazingly worked up all of last season's Pantone colors, I decided on a light blue-green color. The formula was simple, one part Lemon-Lime Kool-aid to 3 parts Berry-Blue. BUT! Blue and green are 2 of my favorite colors to dye, and I didn't have enough to dye all my yarn. Fortunately, I have a decent supply of food-coloring, and I added a few drops of blue to each batch to make up for my lack of BB KA. I also knew that it would be nearly impossible to make 3-4 skeins of yarn the exact same color, especially without re-skeining them together. So I decided to make one skein in a semi-contrasting color, and make the sweater striped.
I dyed yarn all day Friday, and am super pleased with how it turned out:
So that's my work-in-progress for today- step one of "Mary Makes a Sweater" has been completed. The next step will come as soon as I finish some of my other projects that have been languishing.
Here is one of my other WIPs:
Also, my mom made cookies:
Head on over to Tami's Amis to check out more wonderful WIPs!
I'm also linking up with Ginny's Yarn Along this week :)
My Thursday link-up is Tricia over @ Crunchy Catholic Momma.