Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Slow but steady

I've had a busy week, both with school and with my crafting. I get my fieldwork placement today, so that's what I'll be doing for most of the month of March. We are required to get something like 24 hours of time in the classroom- 4 observing, 20 teaching (or some similar combination, I can't quite remember).
Since spring break is next week, I've had a big project to finish for every single one of my classes. My spring break won't be as exciting as last year's (I went to Paris last year), but I do have a subbing job for 3 days as well as an appointment for a massage.

But onto my WIPs this week. I'm joining up with Tami's Amis and Ginny's Yarn Along.

2/29/12

I've been working on the Lattice Lace Wrap for a few weeks now, and it's only taking me this long because it is a hard project to carry along with me. The skein finally looks like it's getting smaller, which means I am getting close to the end. I've made a few mistakes at the ends of the rows, but they aren't terribly noticeable, as the yarn is pretty fuzzy.

I'm also working on another button cowl, as I liked my first one so much. However, this one is crochet instead of knit, as the knitting wasn't doing it for me. I'm using a K hook, with a DK-ish yarn held double. It's nice and squishy, with a front-post treble crochet detail. I'm thinking that when I'm done with it, I'll make a matching hat or headband.  Thoughts?

I'm actually reading a new book right now: A History of the World in 6 Glasses. It basically goes through the 6 drinks (other than water) that are important to history. I've only just started, but the author's insight on beer is fascinating. I like how he mentions different traditions that we still have that relate to various places in history.

That's all for today!

3 comments:

  1. That book sounds fascinating, and your projects are looking lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cowl, especially in that blue. Thanks for the book recommendation; I'm definitely go to look into that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard a great review of The History of the World in 6 Glasses on NPR and it really sounded fascinating. My kids (when they study world History) are always telling me that agriculture began because of Beer and the need for a steady supply of the ingredients. I will have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete

I love knowing that you stopped by!
~ Mary