- new job for my husband- or at least a promotion
- expansion of my home business
- a renewed teaching contract-- I'd love to work another year at my current job
- debt reduction-- college loans are still looming, and we'd like to get them down significantly this year, especially since we are still house shopping
- expansion of garden-- we grew a few of our own veggies this year, but because I was heavily pregnant/dealing with a newborn during harvest time, we were not as successful with our crops as we could've been. Hopefully we will be able to put more up this year.
- good health all around-- back problems and migraines have plagued me throughout 2014, and we'd like to find a solution for them soon
While I've known other people to choose words or themes for the coming year, I've never done it myself, but this year one found me. I have a habit of writing quotes on notecards when reading, especially if something good strikes me. I found this one while cleaning:
Notwithstanding my weakness, I am no longer afraid.
I have placed my confidence in God, who can do all things
and from whom I hope all things, for I rely not on myself.
~St. Margaret Mary Alacoque
So I'm adopting that as my theme for the year, and plan to continue to pray and reflect on how best to place confidence in God.
Blessings in the new year!