Pages

Friday, April 18, 2014

A Happy Finish


Not really true to color.

I finished my sister's birthday present this morning, with just the ends left to weave, and a light blocking if I have time. Seeing as she picked out the color & yarn, I'm really hoping she likes it. Working with Knit Picks Stroll was lovely- I have worked with similar before, but not the plain Jane Stroll. I have to find a place where I can capture the true color of the yarn; it is much richer in person. Also, my couch is not a good staging place. Nor is my iphone a fabulous camera when I need it to be (it takes great pictures when I dont need it to take great pictures).
 
New wardrobe in the first bedroom
Yesterday afternoon, E and I spent quite a bit of time assembling the above wardrobe. E was having a bit of trouble, but once two heads were involved, it came together fairly quickly. It looks great with the new paint too. Assembling this was one of the last steps in having the apartment move-in ready. My parents have a baby crib for us, which we are picking up this weekend, and after that, there is just a bit of cleaning left. We won't start moving in earnest until after the school year is over, but we are getting there. (Also, I'm making new curtains.... Hopefully)


Again, colors don't work, though this does give you an idea.
My sock blanket is progressing slowly but surely. I came to the conclusion last night that this will most likely NOT be for the baby on the way. While I'm not big on gender colors, this blanket will definitely lean girl, based solely on my own personal choices of yarns that have pink and purple in them. There has been no firm decision yet, but I'm pretty sure even if this doesn't work for baby, it'll work for someone else another time. I have many other more neutral options open to me. 
 
I really enjoy the sock blanket as a project, though, more than I thought. A quick knit for me, though still not up to speed just yet. The project as a whole may take a while, but the little squares will come together fairly quickly. It makes me want to start another crochet block project.... But I shouldn't get ahead of myself.
 
It's a happy Friday today, for me at least. Many things are getting finshed- both cleaning and crafting, we celebrate the sacrifice of Christ through his crucifixion, and Sunday we celebrate his rising from the dead. Overall, a good way to end the week.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful scarf, it's a really nice shade of blue and the crochet looks so delicate and pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the color looks great in the picture!

    LOVE! the green in the bedroom, how wonderful you can take your time moving in.... hope you are feeling well.

    Have a Blessed Easter
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just catching up with your blog, everything looks so beautiful. I love the shade of your paint with the wardrobe and as for the sock yarn blanket, wow! I've looked at that one but chickened out of the commitment so well done you!

    ReplyDelete

I love knowing that you stopped by!
~ Mary